A fungal disease of banana plants characterized by elongated spots on the leaves, which then rot completely.
- The fungus is Mycosphaerella musicola, subdivision Ascomycotina
More example sentences
- The first threat is a fungal disease called black Sigatoka, which has become a global epidemic since it first appeared in Fiji in 1963.
- Black Sigatoka, also known as black leaf streak, is common on bananas in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Among the fungal diseases most prominently found in Africa is the Sigatoka complex comprising two types: black and yellow Sigatoka.
1920s: named after a district in Fiji.
Definition of Sigatoka in:
- The US English dictionary