- An arithmetical rule for estimating the area under a curve where the values of an odd number of ordinates, including those at each end, are known.More example sentences
- Fixation probabilities to be used in Equation 10 were calculated by numerical integration using Simpson's rule.
- Here is a program to compute the Simpson's rule approximation to an integral, along with some examples.
- We shall present new error inequalities for the modified Simpson's rule which quantify more precisely the error.
late 19th century: named after Thomas Simpson (1710–61), English mathematician.
More definitions of Simpson's ruleDefinition of Simpson's rule in:
- The US English dictionary