- A former genus name applied to some fossil hominids found in China in 1926. See Peking man.More example sentences
- Why, he is the most irresponsible simian since Sinanthropus!
- There is no reason to believe that Boule and Vallois were comparing Sinanthropus to a monkey, rather than an ape.
- Peking Man was originally called Sinanthropus pekinsis, but this name has been discarded and Peking man is considered Homo erectus.
modern Latin, from Sino- 'Chinese' (because remains were found near Beijing) + Greek anthrōpos 'man'.
More definitions of SinanthropusDefinition of Sinanthropus in:
- The US English dictionary