- A family of North American Indian languages spoken by the Sioux and related people, including Dakota, Hidatsa, and Crow.More example sentences
- The Monacan Nation is comprised primarily of descendants of the Siouan speaking Monacans, Tutelos, and Saponis.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to or denoting the Siouan language family.More example sentences
- Members of the Siouan language family proper are to be found practically everywhere east of the Rocky Mountains except on the southern Plains and in the Northeast.
- We examined the data for Algonquian as well as Siouan language groups.
- His research helped debunk earlier notions that the Monacans and other Siouan groups were largely nomadic hunters and gatherers.
More definitions of SiouanDefinition of Siouan in:
- The US English dictionary