- 1A figure like the Star of David.More example sentences
- Morocco's flag consists of a red field with a green five-pointed star - known as Solomon's seal - in its center.
- When the French took control in 1912, a five-pointed linear known as Solomon's seal was placed on the flag in order to distinguish the nation's flag from others.
- 2A widely distributed plant of the lily family, having arching stems that bear a double row of broad leaves with drooping green and white flowers in their axils.
More example sentences
- Genus Polygonatum, family Liliaceae: many species
- A few members, such as Asparagus and Solomon's seal, have leaves attached along the stem.
- The forest has not been cut for 300 years, and I found myself surrounded by ground flora such as Solomon's seal, lily of the valley, yellow wood anemone, toothwort, asarabacca, herb paris and hepatica.
- ‘Companion’ plants that indicate a good site include Jack-in-the-pulpit, bloodroot, Solomon's seal, jewel weed, galax, trillium, wild yam, hepatica, black cohosh, and wild ginger.
More definitions of Solomon's sealDefinition of Solomon's seal in:
- The US English dictionary