- A continent comprising the southern half of the American land mass, connected to North America by the Isthmus of Panama. It includes the Falkland Islands, the Galapagos Islands, and Tierra del Fuego (See also America.).
- More example sentences
- She quickly picked up enough to address South American partners.
- It was too early to obtain supplies of citrus fruit from Spain and Portugal, but too late in the season for South American produce.
- But for other admirers of South American football there was little to smile about.
More definitions of South AmericaDefinition of South America in:
- The US English dictionary