- A diagonal or X-shaped cross, especially white on a blue background (as a national emblem of Scotland). Also called saltire.More example sentences
- The night before the battle, the Scots saw a cross formation of clouds in the sky resembling a St Andrew's cross - the patron saint.
- Baxter made a splash earlier in the games, dyeing a blue-and-white St Andrew's cross - the Scottish flag - in his hair.
- The Amsterdam Coat of Arms is composed of many historical elements. Firstly, in the center there are three St Andrew's crosses that are lined up in a vertical band on the shield of Amsterdam. According to many historians' views, these three crosses represent the three dangers that traditionally plagued the city of Amsterdam: fire, flood, and pestilence.
More definitions of St Andrew's crossDefinition of St Andrew's cross in:
- The US English dictionary