- A test for statistical significance that uses tables of a statistical distribution called Student’s t-distribution, which is that of a fraction (t) whose numerator is drawn from a normal distribution with a mean of zero, and whose denominator is the root mean square of k terms drawn from the same normal distribution (where k is the number of degrees of freedom).More example sentences
- Using an unpaired Student's t-test, statistical significance was assigned to comparisons with P values 0.05.
- Because we do not know that the values have normal distribution, the Wilcoxon test is preferred over the Student's t-test.
- Statistical significance for data was determined using the Student's t-test, with p = 0.05 denoting significance.
early 20th century: Student, the pseudonym of William Sealy Gosset (1876–1937), English brewery employee.
More definitions of Student's t-testDefinition of Student's t-test in:
- The US English dictionary