Definition of Teflon in English:
1A tough synthetic resin made by polymerizing tetrafluoroethylene, chiefly used to coat non-stick cooking utensils and to make seals and bearings. Also called polytetrafluoroethylene.
- Both feature 10-ounce cotton canvas with a water-repellant Teflon coating and 100 percent polyester blaze overlay.
- A mix of trendy and traditional styles is available and the entire range is made from machine washable, minimum-iron fabrics with many featuring tough Teflon coating.
- The Teflon coats the threads but doesn't block the pores or gaps between threads.
1.1 [as modifier] Denoting someone whose reputation remains undamaged in spite of scandal or misjudgement: acquittal earned him the nickname ‘the Teflon Don’
More example sentences
- He's a Teflon man but then nobody ever said Teflon men didn't get the job done.
- He was the man of steel, Teflon man, untouchable and unbeatable.
- He was rightly known as the Teflon president: because he made people feel good, they willingly ignored the scandals of his administration.
Words that rhyme with Teflondecathlon • Dralon • Simplon
Definition of Teflon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan