- An international cricket or rugby match, typically one of a series, played between teams representing two different countries: the Test match between Pakistan and the West IndiesMore example sentences
- The former Sydney City rugby league player, in only his second test match for the Wallabies, landed just one of three penalty attempts in the first-half.
- The most difficult match in any competition is the first, and nothing can prepare a team for the change of pace required at international level like a test match.
- I watched the best part of five evenings worth of an international test match on TV recently.
More definitions of Test matchDefinition of Test match in:
- The US English dictionary