- (In the Jewish calendar) the tenth month of the civil and fourth of the religious year, usually coinciding with parts of June and July.More example sentences
- The date for this event is 17th of the Hebrew month of Tammuz.
- As is well known, Tammuz was the calamitous Jewish month when the daily offerings in the Holy Temple were suspended during Nebuchadnezzar's siege of Jerusalem, 2,500 years earlier.
- The Bible forbids the Jews to participate in his festival, but Tammuz is still retained as a month name in the Jewish calendar.
from Hebrew tammūz.
More definitions of ThammuzDefinition of Thammuz in:
- The US English dictionary