- 1An order of insects that comprises the true, or three-pronged, bristletails.More example sentences
- There are huge gaps in the early fossil record, since several basal hexapod groups have not been found at all in the Paleozoic: Protura, Diplura, and Thysanura.
- The database is being filled by chronological input from Thysanura literature on hand.
- The amber also contains an insect of particularly ancient origin, a bristletail, a member of insect Order Thysanura.
- 1.1 (thysanura) Insects of the order Thysanura; bristletails: thysanura with compound eyesMore example sentences
- The Thysanura are widely distributed throughout warmer parts of the world.
- The Thysanura are primitive insects, wingless and with lengthened body that usually live in sheltered places avoiding the direct sunlight.
- More example sentences
- For that matter, mayflies are not morphologically so different from thysanurans that we can reject Nardi's suggestion out of hand.
- Domestic species of thysanurans have the potential to cause extensive damage to household goods.
- Molting may continue into adulthood, and there may be more than forty molts in the life of a thysanuran.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek thusanos 'tassel' + oura 'tail'.
More definitions of ThysanuraDefinition of Thysanura in:
- The US English dictionary