- Relating to or denoting a division of the Sino-Tibetan language family that includes Tibetan, Burmese, and a number of other languages spoken in mountainous regions of central southern Asia.More example sentences
- The Newars, who are thought to be the original inhabitants of the Kathmandu Valley, speak a Tibeto-Burman language known as Newari.
- The Tibeto-Burman languages are spoken in Tibet, Nepal, Burma, western China, and the Assam State in India.
- In the northeastern hills, numerous Tibeto-Burman languages are spoken.
More definitions of Tibeto-BurmanDefinition of Tibeto-Burman in:
- The US English dictionary