(also Tipp-Ex) British trademark
Definition of Tippex in English:
A type of correction fluid.
- Visitor 75,000 came from a University of Derby server, which leads me to believe it's the mighty Charby, so a congratulatory consignment of Tipp-Ex is being sent up to obscure the Gary Neville lettering on her England shirt.
- It was one of the Monkees' mums, she mixed paint and nail varnish and made Tipp-Ex.
- I use it with Yves Saint Laurent's Touche Eclat which I dot on like Tipp-Ex to hide annoying discolourations, blemishes and dark eye circles.
verb[with object] Back to top
Delete with correction fluid: go home and Tippex your friends' names out of your address book
More example sentences
- Chris Klein, Jean Reno, Rebecca Romijin-Stamos and LL Cool J are among those who might be Tippexing it from their CV in years to come.
- And so my relationship with Liverpool developed through football stickers, team posters, and Tippexing player's names on to my pencil case, into something more adult.
- I sincerely hope that I am not being Tippexed out of address books when I am told that the night out with my best friend (plus Aileen and Toni) has been cancelled until further notice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan