- A class of flatworms that comprises those flukes that are internal parasites. The monogenean flukes are sometimes also placed in this class. See fluke2 ( sense 1).More example sentences
- Coregonus hoyi is heavily parasitized, with common parasites including: Botriochocephalidae, Nematoda, Trematoda, Cestoda, Acanthocephala.
- The Trematoda, or flukes, are all parasitic, and have complex life cycles specialized for parasitism in animal tissues.
- The medically important flatworms are further divided into the flukes (Trematoda) and tapeworms (Cestoda).
modern Latin (plural), from Greek trēmatōdēs 'perforated', from trēma 'hole'.
More definitions of TrematodaDefinition of Trematoda in:
- The US English dictionary