Definition of Trichoptera in English:
1An order of insects that comprises the caddis flies.
- Now the harvest is mainly Trichoptera larvae, which are collected and eaten, but they are not as large or as popular as the Megaloptera larvae (alderflies).
- However, metrics such as taxa richness and Ephemeroptera, Plecoptera, Trichoptera richness were less useful in distinguishing between these impairment sources.
- Perry and Andersen's dry weight data from sticky traps hung 5 m above the forest floor identified the most common orders as Diptera, Coleoptera, and Trichoptera.
1.1 (trichoptera) Insects of the order Trichoptera: clusters of trichoptera
More example sentences
- In contrast to YOY perch, predator-sensitive prey in the diet were dominated by Trichoptera, Odonata, and Coleoptera larvae.
- It concentrates on Ephemeroptera, which are the prettiest trout food, though less important than the sedges, Trichoptera and midges, Chironomidae.
- Trichoptera, or caddisflies, comprise the most diverse insect order whose members are exclusively aquatic.
Definition of Trichoptera in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan