- The sacred canon of Theravada Buddhism, written in the Pali language.More example sentences
- During the readings, the monks and the members of the public will read the Tripitaka aloud in unison.
- There are well bound Tripitakas on ola leaves written in Pali displayed in a separate bookshelf.
- They contain 84,000 articles or Tripitakas of Buddha's teachings, written in Pali with Khmer translations.
from Sanskrit tripiṭaka, literally 'the three baskets or collections'.
More definitions of TripitakaDefinition of Tripitaka in:
- The US English dictionary