- An asteroid belonging to one of two groups which orbit the sun at the same distance as Jupiter, at the Lagrangian points roughly 60 degrees ahead of it and behind it.More example sentences
- There are two groups of Trojan asteroids, both sharing Jupiter's orbit.
- A so-called Trojan asteroid, which forms a triangle with Jupiter and the sun, moves according to such a scheme.
- These are the Trojan asteroids, each one locked in its solar orbit by the gravity of Jupiter and the Sun.
early 20th century: so named because the first asteroids discovered were named after heroes of the Trojan War.
More definitions of Trojan asteroidDefinition of Trojan asteroid in:
- The US English dictionary