noun[mass noun] Biology & Medicine
- A type of physiological saline solution.More example sentences
- Cultured mast cells and basophils (1-5 × 10 5-6 cells/ml in Tyrode's solution) were stimulated with 5 to 20 g/ml of rSPE B / SCP, SPE A, SPE C or 1 g/ml of lipopolysaccharide.
- Cells were perfused at room temperature in a modified Tyrode's solution consisting of 150 mM NaCl, 5 mM KCl, 2 mM CaCl 2, 1 mM MgCl 2, 10 mM Hepes, 30 mM glucose.
- Hearts were perfused for 5-7 min with nominally Ca free Tyrode's solution, then perfusion proceeded with added collagenase and albumin.
1920s: named after Maurice V. Tyrode (1878–1930), American pharmacologist.
More definitions of Tyrode's solutionDefinition of Tyrode's solution in:
- The US English dictionary