noun (plural Umwelten /-t(ə)n/)
- (In ethology) the world as it is experienced by a particular organism: the worlds they perceive, their Umwelten, are all differentMore example sentences
- That is why I was so bowled over by Heidegger's stunning analysis of the Umwelt, the round-about-me everyday world in which ‘I’, in each case, dwell.
- As a result, the landscape Muldrow perceives, filtered through his dreams and his Umwelt, is drastically different from that which is visible to most humans.
- The archipelago of real times presented to us by the temporal Umwelt does not tend towards the zero of neutralization, of reciprocal dampening, but rather towards explosion and diffusion.
German, literally 'environment'.
More definitions of UmweltDefinition of Umwelt in:
- The US English dictionary