(also St Valentine's Day)
- 14 February, a day when it is traditional to send a card, often anonymously, to a person one is romantically involved with or attracted to: I want to be with the woman I love on Valentine’s Day [as modifier]: she exchanged Valentine’s Day cards with her boyfriendMore example sentences
- A Valentine's Day blind date turned to platinum love for Joan and Reg Grimley who have now celebrated 70 years' marriage.
- Valentine's Day is now less than a week away.
- Order now and beat the rush for Valentine's Day: Flowers/Bears/Balloons/Candy, all for the love of your life.
late Middle English: from Valentine, St.
More definitions of Valentine's DayDefinition of Valentine's Day in:
- The US English dictionary