- A country consisting of a group of islands in the SW Pacific; population 218,500 (est. 2009); official languages, Bislama, English, and French; capital, Vila. The islands were administered jointly by Britain and France as the condominium of the New Hebrides. Vanuatu became an independent republic within the Commonwealth in 1980.
- More example sentences
- Jeff boards the sloop from one of the outriggers and informs our contestants that they will undergo some sort of Vanuatuan rite of passage.
- If our guys were Australians they would at least pay them but because these workers are Fijians and Vanuatuans they think they can get away with it.
- Currently the break down of military personnel is 35 ADF, 15 NZDF, five Fijians, six Ni Vanuatuans and 14 Australian civilians.
More definitions of VanuatuDefinition of Vanuatu in:
- The US English dictionary