- A large, almost transparent comb jelly with a flattened ribbon-like body, living chiefly in warmer seas.
More example sentences
- Genus Cestum, phylum Ctenophora
- Many comb jellies are round, like small grapes, but the Venus's girdle is very long and flat, and looks like a belt.
- He was mesmerized by a Venus's girdle, a diaphanous bit of jelly sparking tiny rainbows amid its vibrating rows of cilia.
- Approximately 2 to 5 inches wide, warty comb jellies range from Florida through the West Indies and are also known as sea gooseberries or Venus's girdles.
More definitions of Venus's girdleDefinition of Venus's girdle in:
- The US English dictionary