- A decoration awarded for conspicuous bravery in the Commonwealth armed services, instituted by Queen Victoria in 1856.More example sentences
- The 28-year-old from Hatfield Woodhouse, near Doncaster, was posthumously awarded a Victoria Cross for storming an enemy stronghold in the face of heavy gunfire on September 29, 1944.
- A further 126 awards for gallantry were won by Australian members of the RAF, including a Victoria Cross awarded to Group Captain Hughie Edwards.
- In 1998, a Victoria Cross awarded posthumously to Flying Officer Lloyd Trigg during the Second World War went for £138,000 in London.
More definitions of Victoria CrossDefinition of Victoria Cross in:
- The US English dictionary