noun[mass noun] US • trademark
- A form of widescreen cinematography employing standard 35 mm film in such a way as to give a larger projected image using ordinary methods of projection.More example sentences
- The picture was beautifully shot in Utah's Monument Valley in Technicolor and Vistavision.
- But in his 1950s Vistavision, Technicolor period, Hitchcock learned to use the camera to tell the story much more than ever before.
- Note how the small black and white TV transmissions are always contrasted to the Vistavision and vibrant Technicolor of the ‘real’ filmic world.
More definitions of VistavisionDefinition of Vistavision in:
- The US English dictionary