noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A fabric made from a twilled mixture of cotton and wool: [as modifier]: a green Viyella blouseMore example sentences
- No wonder those who still wear tweed jackets, Viyella shirts and ‘frocks’, as opposed to dresses, can't stand them in return.
- Coats will be exiting the apparel business in order to focus on its profitable global threads business, as well as its Jaeger and Viyella retail operations.
- Clients include Viyella, Windsmoor, Brook Taverner and many more; they have a successful website and are planning to introduce a company pension scheme.
late 19th century: from Via Gellia, a valley in Derbyshire where it was first made.
More definitions of ViyellaDefinition of Viyella in:
- The US English dictionary