- A heavy charged elementary particle considered to transmit the weak interaction between other elementary particles.More example sentences
- For example, the neutrino, a product of radioactive decay, senses protons by exchanging W particles with them, which may change a proton back into a neutron.
- They knew they were logging lots of data with low backgrounds, just what they needed to find W particles.
- The detection of the W particle is an example of extraordinary scientific sleuthing, comparable to finding a missing person in a crowd of a billion people.
W, the initial letter of weak.
More definitions of W particleDefinition of W particle in:
- The US English dictionary