Definition of Zinfandel in English:
1A variety of wine grape grown in California.
- Back home after spending a month with farmers in Paris, Nathe and friends converted part of their table grape cultivation to wine varieties like Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc and Chenin Blanc.
- Prices for multi-purpose grapes have fallen sharply as Americans have shifted to varietal wines made from Merlot, Cabernet, Zinfandel, or Chardonnay grapes.
- Of all the red grape varieties, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Zinfandel are the most recognized.
1.1A red or blush dry wine made from the Zinfandel grape.
- In 2003, Carlisle produced 3,500 cases, and esteemed wine critic Robert M. Parker Jr. described the winery's Zinfandels as ‘magnificent,’ ‘prodigious,’ and ‘compelling.’
- Among Californian wines there are good Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir.
- Some of its memorable wines portray that diversity: Zinfandel, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
of unknown origin.
Definition of Zinfandel in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan