- 1A variety of wine grape grown in California.More example sentences
- Back home after spending a month with farmers in Paris, Nathe and friends converted part of their table grape cultivation to wine varieties like Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc and Chenin Blanc.
- Prices for multi-purpose grapes have fallen sharply as Americans have shifted to varietal wines made from Merlot, Cabernet, Zinfandel, or Chardonnay grapes.
- Of all the red grape varieties, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Zinfandel are the most recognized.
- 1.1A red or blush dry wine made from the Zinfandel grape.More example sentences
- In 2003, Carlisle produced 3,500 cases, and esteemed wine critic Robert M. Parker Jr. described the winery's Zinfandels as ‘magnificent,’ ‘prodigious,’ and ‘compelling.’
- Among Californian wines there are good Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir.
- Some of its memorable wines portray that diversity: Zinfandel, Gewürztraminer, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
of unknown origin.
More definitions of ZinfandelDefinition of Zinfandel in:
- The US English dictionary