- Hydrogen cyanide adsorbed on or released from a carrier in the form of small tablets, used as an insecticidal fumigant and by the Nazis as a lethal gas.More example sentences
- The Nazis used Zyklon B, a dreaded chemical, to gas prisoners at Auschwitz.
- While the commanding officer was away, a guard at Auschwitz used the delousing chemical Zyklon B on some prisoners.
- In autumn 1941, the first gassing experiments in Auschwitz itself take place, using Zyklon B, a powerful disinfectant used to delouse clothes.
1930s: from German, of unknown origin.
More definitions of Zyklon BDefinition of Zyklon B in:
- The US English dictionary