- 1Having been deserted or left: an abandoned car abandoned petsMore example sentences
- The next program was about the good dog catchers in NYC - they are a division of the ASPCA - who rescue abused and abandoned pets.
- In the first, a young peasant woman desperately fights to protect an abandoned baby boy she's taken under her wing.
- Anyone who finds an abandoned pet can call the RSPCA.
- 2Unrestrained; uninhibited: a wild, abandoned danceMore example sentences
- I remember downing a great deal of vodka and dancing in a rather abandoned fashion.
- Trinbagonians hit the streets at 1am for Jouvert, a small-hours celebration that sees the capital erupt with abandoned sensuality.
- I'd like to propose a toast to unfettered, abandoned appetite.