Definition of abhorrent in English:
Inspiring disgust and loathing; repugnant: racism was abhorrent to us all
More example sentences
- It's as abhorrent and repellent and disgusting to me as it ever was.
- The combination of horrific makeup, abhorrent timing, and trite jokes has literally become painful.
- The idea that covenant marriage ought to be sanctioned by the state is illiberal, reprehensible and abhorrent.
detestable, detested, hateful, hated, loathsome, loathed, despicable, despised, abominable, abominated, execrable, execrated, repellent, repugnant, repulsive, revolting, disgusting, distasteful, horrible, horrid, horrifying, awful, heinous, reprehensible, obnoxious, odious, nauseating, offensive, contemptible
- Example sentences
- The scenes of appalling neglect we witnessed in these sheds were abhorrently cruel.
- Those who vocalised their prejudices so abhorrently midweek did not speak for an entire country.
- The decision to replace someone is often taken on the basis of acquaintanceship, on the principle of personal devotion or, more abhorrently, for money.
Words that rhyme with abhorrenttorrent, warrant
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.