- A majority over all rivals combined; more than half.More example sentences
- For all of these, an absolute majority (half of all members plus one) has to vote in favour for the Parliament's voice to be heard.
- In a confidence vote last week, the Labour-Progressive Government won an absolute majority of support.
- Now enjoying an absolute majority, the PP government believes it no longer needs such social pacts.
More definitions of absolute majorityDefinition of absolute majority in:
- The US English dictionary