- The lowest temperature that is theoretically possible, at which the motion of particles which constitutes heat would be minimal. It is zero on the Kelvin scale, equivalent to −273.15°C.More example sentences
- The third law of thermodynamics states that for a perfect crystal at a temperature of absolute zero on the Kelvin scale the entropy value is zero.
- In doing so, he devised a more fundamental way of defining the absolute zero of temperature, independent of any particular material substance.
- At absolute zero the internal energy of the system would be zero since temperature is proportional to internal energy.
More definitions of absolute zeroDefinition of absolute zero in:
- The US English dictionary