- 1Existing or available in large quantities; plentiful: there was abundant evidence to support the theoryMore example sentences
- This allows the animal maximum use of the abundant grass supply available all summer.
- Why, I asked, when the evidence was so abundant, did the trail appear to have gone cold?
- There is also abundant evidence for increased volcanic activity during the Little Ice Age.
- 1.1 (abundant in) Having plenty of: the riverbanks were abundant in beautiful wild plantsMore example sentences
- Colorado is not only abundant in the natural beauty of high mountains, it has plenty of high culture as well.
- Basalt thus produces heavy clay soils, many of which are abundant in nutrients and provide rich agricultural land.
- The Yangtze Delta was abundant in cultural and tourism resources, which could be used to enrich Expo activities.
late Middle English: from Latin abundant- 'abounding', from the verb abundare (see abound).