- A substance poisonous to mites or ticks.More example sentences
- Standard therapy consists of application of topical acaricides (lindane, permethrin, benzyl benzoate, etc.) that must remain on the affected areas for a certain time and then be washed off.
- The major categories of pesticides classified by target are fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, acaricides, molluscicides, nematicides, rodenticides, avicides, and antibiotics.
- In case of severe infestation spray any systemic insecticide and acaricide for mites along with neem oil.
late 19th century: from Greek akari 'mite, tick' + -cide.
More definitions of acaricideDefinition of acaricide in:
- The US English dictionary