- Any of various cells of the immune system that interact with T lymphocytes in the initiation of the immune response.More example sentences
- Follicular dendritic cells, interdigitating dendritic cells, and Langerhans cells are the major nonphagocytic antigen-presenting accessory cells of the immune system.
- These results also demonstrate that the generation of a TH1 response requires interaction between accessory cells and T cells in response to H. capsulatum antigens.
- This observation supports extensive prior investigations demonstrating that alveolar macrophages are poor accessory cells as compared with blood monocytes.
More definitions of accessory cellDefinition of accessory cell in:
- The US English dictionary