noun[mass noun] Medicine
An excessively acid condition of the body fluids or tissues.
More example sentences
- Illnesses include ailments resulting from mineral deposition caused by acidosis, arthritis, and arteriosclerosis.
- She had the respiratory distress and metabolic acidosis of severe malaria, and needed blood urgently.
- Lactic acidosis, rhabdomyolysis, and multiple organ dysfunction syndromes can complicate this disease.
- More example sentences
- Patients with severe falciparum malaria are acidotic and compensate by hyperventilation.
- At age 26 months he was referred to the department of gastroenterology, and by then was severely malnourished, hypokalaemic, and acidotic.
- Peripheral rewarming can be associated with shock, acidosis and hyperkalemia when cold, acidotic peripheral blood is returned centrally.