Definition of acidulate in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective acidulated)
Make slightly acidic: acidulated water
More example sentences
- Deeply flavored, with woody/mushroomy and spicy/peppery hints, it is slightly acidulated and nicely long on the palate.
- The fishermen, many of Ukrainian descent, spit-roast or grill their catch over wood embers, or cook a Russian-Ukrainian fish soup called uha; in contrast to the Wallachian ciorb, this soup is not acidulated.
- Always smell the fish before buying and, if in doubt, soak the skate wings in water acidulated with lemon juice for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Example sentences
- Cheese is made by curdling milk either by acidulation, which can include the addition of vinegar as well as lemon juice, or by the natural acidulation caused by the addition of bacteria.
- In hot weather, it is feasible that a slight acidulation of the water with a little lemon juice at the start of the fermentation, may provide an environment less suited to pathogenic organisms.
- Hence, to keep milk for some time and prevent its turning sour of its own accord, this acidulation of the sugar of milk must be delayed.
Words that rhyme with acidulateinfibulate
Definition of acidulate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.