noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- A poisonous alkaloid obtained from monkshood and related plants.More example sentences
- These herbs contain highly toxic alkaloids, including aconitine, which activate sodium channels and over-stimulate cell membranes.
- Excessive amounts of these materials, which contain diterpene alkaloids particularly aconitine, can produce toxic effects and occasional fatalities.
- The final tests have shown that in various samples of prepared aconite (fu zi) the aconine and benzoyl aconine were 1/2000 or 1/250 that of aconitine respectively.
More definitions of aconitineDefinition of aconitine in:
- The US English dictionary