- Damaged hearing suffered by the user of an earphone as a result of sudden excessive noise in the device.More example sentences
- The company has already paid out 90,000 pounds to one worker suffering from acoustic shock.
- Some of Britain's biggest employers will attend a conference tomorrow aimed at increasing awareness of acoustic shock - caused by sudden, high-pitched noises from earpieces of telephone headsets.
- A consultant has documented 300 cases of acoustic shock and the problem is well known.
More definitions of acoustic shockDefinition of acoustic shock in:
- The US English dictionary