(also action committee)
- A body formed to campaign politically on a particular issue: [as name]: the Child Poverty Action GroupMore example sentences
- He said the long term viability of the house could be worked out with the assistance of the action group and the bodies represented in it.
- The latest march is being organised by an action group formed by meatworkers and residents.
- After the first flood, we had set up an action group to campaign for flood defences for Malton and Norton.
More definitions of action groupDefinition of action group in:
- The US English dictionary