1A playback of part of a television broadcast, typically a slow-motion replay of an incident in a sporting event.
- And we learnt that pitch-invaders probably do not warrant a slow-motion action replay from a reverse-camera angle, which is what Sunday's got.
- I realised when I came out of the jungle and saw the action replay, that I'd actually done eleven hundred.
- How many times have you watched a match and waited for the action replay to see what REALLY happened?
1.1 informal An exact repetition of an action or event: husband Simon promised her an action replay of the wedding if she could lose weight
More example sentences
- There was a collective groan as Hayles collided with a Dutch rider and clattered down the steep incline in an action replay of an incident which had ended his Olympic dream in Sydney.
- The calamitous covering work continued three minutes later when a Moore cross and free Thompson header offered an action replay of the first goal.
- Our first game against Pakistan was an action replay of the recently concluded Pepsi Cup final in Bangalore where India were thrashed.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ac¦tion re¦play
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.