- Aerated sewage containing aerobic microorganisms which help to break it down.More example sentences
- Waste water is purified in that an aerated mixture of waste water with activated sludge is degassed before being discharged into the secondary settling basin.
- Enzymatic reduction of Cr by hexavalent Cr-tolerant Pseudomonas ambigua G - 1 isolated from activated sludge has been reported.
- The most common is activated sludge, a process in which microbes, also known as biomass, are allowed to feed on organic matter in the wastewater.
More definitions of activated sludgeDefinition of activated sludge in:
- The US English dictionary