Definition of acylate in English:
verb[with object] Chemistry
Introduce an acyl group into (a molecule or compound): (as adjective acylated) an acylated glycine derivative
More example sentences
- The series of reactions begin in the cytosol where fatty acids are acylated by combining with coenzyme A, a derivative of the vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid.
- A recent investigation showed that acylated proteins found in lipid rafts were displaced due to the incorporation of eicosapentaenoic acid in Jurkat T cells.
- After evaporating excess reagent, the residue was acylated for 10 min at 150°C using 120 mm heptafluorobutyric anhydride.
- Example sentences
- Chain perdeuterated dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine was synthesized from perdeuterated myristic acid by acylation of glycerophosphocholine, as described previously.
- These reactions occur via acylation or alkylation and are often rapid, forming stable primary amide or secondary amine bonds.
- Besides prolonging receptor-peptide interactions, acylation is found not to abolish peptide conformational flexibility and it only moderately affects the bilayer elastic properties.
Definition of acylate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan