Definition of ad interim in English:
For an intervening or temporary period of time.
- Since 15th September 2006 Piet Van Roe is the Managing Director ad interim of the public broadcaster.
- Foreign Minister Li Zhaoxing Meets with Charge d' affaires ad interim of the Georgian Embassy in China
- Charles O. Cecil is Chargé d' Affaires ad interim of the United States Embassy in Tripoli, Libya.
adjectiveBack to top
- The ad interim government ended with the inauguration of Sam Houston as president on October 22, 1836.
- And there should be nothing unusual about the ad interim appointment of former Chief Justice Hilario Davide as ambassador to the United Nations.
- By way of relief, they seek the cancellation of all the ad interim appointments and ‘respect for proper procedure’, as well as moral damages of one euro per staff member and costs.
Latin, from ad 'to' and interim 'meanwhile', used as a noun.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan