adverb & adjective
- (Of the levying of tax or customs duties) in proportion to the estimated value of the goods or transaction concerned: [as adjective]: ad valorem stamp duty at the rate of 1 per cent is payableMore example sentences
- Property ad valorem taxes are the major source of revenues for state and municipal governments.
- The Tax Collector merges the non ad valorem assessments into the certified tax roll.
- They pointed out that while most minerals had fully ad valorem rates of royalty at present, iron ore, limestone and dolomite had tonnage-based royalty.
Latin, 'according to the value'.
More definitions of ad valoremDefinition of ad valorem in:
- The US English dictionary