nounMathematics & Computing
- A number which is added to another: as its name suggests the Accumulator ‘accumulates’ by keeping its addend in memory and incrementing by the addend it receives from another transmitting unit Compare with augend.More example sentences
- In this code, the addend is left on the stack.
- The width of the sum in any direction equals the sum of widths of the addends in that direction.
- Indeed, the sum is a polygon whose vertices are obtained as the sums of vertices of the addends.
late 17th century: from Latin addendus 'to be added', gerundive of addere (see add).
More definitions of addendDefinition of addend in:
- The US English dictionary