noun (plural adenomas or adenomata /-mətə/)Medicine
A benign tumour formed from glandular structures in epithelial tissue.
More example sentences
- It is currently believed that most colorectal carcinomas start as benign adenomas that undergo malignant transformation into adenocarcinoma.
- These authors do not clearly state whether these 14 cases represent true malignant mixed tumors or carcinoma ex-pleomorphic adenomas.
- Hepatic adenomas are benign tumors composed entirely of hepatocytes and the appropriate supporting connective tissue framework.
- More example sentences
- Screening for and removal of colorectal cancer and precancerous adenomatous polyps can decrease the incidence of colon disease.
- Colonoscopy is an invasive procedure than examines the entire colon and can be used to obtain biopsy specimens of adenomas and carcinomas and to excise adenomatous polyps.
- The ability to detect precancerous adenomatous polyps, remove them, and thus prevent the development of colorectal cancer is an important rationale for screening.