Definition of adenovirus in English:
Any of a group of DNA viruses first discovered in adenoid tissue, most of which cause respiratory diseases.
- Retroviruses, adenoviruses, and lentiviruses have all been used as vehicles for RNA interference constructs.
- These are usually self-limited syndromes caused by a variety of viruses: rhinovirus, adenovirus, echovirus, coxsackievirus, influenza, and parainfluenza viruses.
- Symptoms of influenza-like illness can be caused by multiple respiratory viruses, including respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, rhinovirus, and coronavirus.
- Example sentences
- Unlike the retrovirus, adenoviral DNA functions in an extrachromosomal manner.
- For example, problems include a low transduction of tumour cells because of their low expression of the Coxsackie adenovirus receptor required for adenoviral entry.
- These problems do not occur with adenoviral vectors, but expression persists for only a short time, thus requiring repeated administration, leading to immune reactions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.