- A salt or ester of adipic acid.More example sentences
- Typical plasticizers for PVC are long chain organic compounds such as phthalates, adipates and organophosphates.
- In contact with foods, especially hot, fatty foods, PVC can also leach chemicals such as adipates and phthalates, shown in mice to cause birth defects and damage to the liver and kidneys.
- Due to negative publicity about phthalates, plastic wrap manufacturers are now using a new class of plasticizers called adipates, says Ted.
More definitions of adipateDefinition of adipate in:
- The US English dictionary